The Directorate of Programming, Budget, Finance and Accounting (PBFA) role is to administer and ensure compliance with the AUC’s financial rules and regulations, as well as budgetary and accounting policies and procedures.
Its responsibilities are to:
- Develop and implement financial accounting policies in compliance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) as well as the AUC’s financial rules and regulations;
- Promote awareness of best practices in financial management and internal financial control systems;
- Prepare and present the AU budget and control budget execution and process payments;
- Invest excess liquidity;
- Ensure the financial management of programme funds from institutional partners;
- Facilitate external audit;
- Produce financial and budget execution reports, annual financial statements and other reports;
- Perform a financial oversight role for the AU organs and regional and liaison offices.
Theme: Strengthening public sector accounting in Africa
The African Union Commission (AUC) envisions “an integrated continent that is politically united based on the ideals of Pan Africanism an
Highlights of the cooperation with the GIZ-project “Support to the African Union on Migration and Displacement”
Violent extremism is a global issue.